Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Daily Notes 2/10

Well in terms of what we discussed in class this week, it was as much about our ideas for our next project as anything. Now, I missed the class this wednesday, but from what I know they were going to the Mint museum, most likely to look at art. Or to buy souvenirs.
But I think they went for the art, personally.

On monday, though, we viewed another Art 21 video, this time featuring various artists whose names I can't possibly remember right now. I'd love to list who they were and what they did, but I have not slept soundly in over two weeks and frankly I can't remember more than a black man who used the old blackface ideas in his works to bring attention to the issues of race and racial relations, a woman who spent her artistic career designing and creating her versions of efficient isolated living areas, a performance artist who made a number of rather strange videos, and a (asian?) man who took things that had been destroyed or damaged and made them useful for other such things, such as an abandoned house that had been burnt during devil's night, and had been now made to be on a pivot so that the entire house could swing to the side and reveal a hatchery for fishing bait, or his attempt to cure the barren soil through the use of certain plants that would eat the metal particulates in the soil, and which in turn could be burned to produce super-pure metal ore.

I need to get some sleep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment